A continuum of regional leadership development.
Lead UC challenges individuals in all sectors of the community to build capacity for
identification of local issues, engagement in positive community change and shared leadership.
The initiative will increase community vitality through leadership, engagement and diversity.
An exciting opportunity created by regional community members for those who live, work and/or
conduct business in Union County, Iowa
• Enhance personal leadership skills and education.
• Develop our regional community by learning how to support a healthy ecosystem, a vital economy
and expand on inclusion of all residents.
• Focus on the natural, cultural, human, social, financial, political and built resources of our regional
• Create a sustainable grassroots forum to identify local issues, engage positive change and initiate
leadership in organizations and communities.
• Bridge social networks and embrace the diversity of our regional community.
Polish personal leadership skills.
• Understand key regional community trends and issues.
• Create an upward spiral of community development with practical knowledge.
• Meet in different areas of the county and participate in learning tours.
• Expand professional and social networks to new community members.
• Refine communication and facilitation skills.
• Create a corps of informed leaders.
• Build positive collaboration for community development.
• Engage citizens in community issues and provide grassroots input.
• Enhance team building skills.
• Connect employees to local decision makers.
• Increase overall employee networks.
• Improve employees understanding of key community trends from various perspectives.