– Worked with the City of Creston to create a tax abatement program for commercial property.
– Established & Facilitate county-wide industrial enterprise zones.
– Conduct Biennial Existing Industry Visitations to gain knowledge of trends to improve Union County business climate.
– Took lead in reestablishing and financially supporting the Regional Small Business Development Center
– Developed and sold several parcels of land in Creston Industrial Park.
– Conduct Annual “Salute to Industry” Recognition with Creston Chamber of Commerce.
– Conduct numerous Entrepreneurial & Small Business Development Workshops.
– Coordinated several existing industry expansions.
– Designated as a MyEntreNet Region in 2007.
– Conduct Biennial Laborshed & Skillshed analysis for workforce needs.
– Attended “Sell Iowa” trips in Chicago, ILL, Cincinnati & Columbus, OH Markets.
– Developed James Sub-Division – creating 54 critically needed residential lots in Creston.
– Established & Facilitate housing Enterprise Zones.
– Sponsored County-wide housing survey to initiate work to relieve the county’s housing shortage.
– Conducted several educational seminars for first-time home buyers.
– Partnered with High-School Tech Prep Carpentry Program.
– Facilitated Enterprise Zone Benefits for Summit House Apartments, Creston Plaza Apartments II and Hotel Iowana.
– Attracted a housing developer to build a 50 unit condo development and a 8 unit duplex development.
– Established the Elm Street Corridor housing project that includes an infill housing development that consists of 4 affordable housing units.
– Participate in the Annual “Parade of Homes”.
– Supported efforts for a new Creston High School and Southern Prairie YMCA (Area Arts and Wellness Center).
– Helped create the Greater Regional Health Care Foundation.
– Helped create the Philanthropic Youth Pod (YACC)
– Created the High Lakes Leadership Initiative.
– Hosted Opening Retreat for Leadership Iowa (Oct. 2007)
– Facilitated Creston Restored Depot Beautification Project. Improving Formal Garden, Community Message sign and Decorative Fence.